Page 108 of 233 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98106107108109110 118 158 208 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 4651

Thread: Dyntopo tests

thanks model man
    My website - www.mccinfo.it/bernardo.html
    Blender Cycles: Lighting and Rendering Cookbook - http://www.packtpub.com/blender-cycl...-cookbook/book

In r58463 , Campbell Barton fixed a Dyntopo crash related to the undo
    http://www.miikahweb.com/en/blender/...s/commit/58463

Be sure to check the buildbot to download a build superior to r58463 if available
    http://builder.blender.org/download/

As it's a bug fix this will probably make it into the incoming Blender 2.68a that should be released soon.

Very good sculpt, bernardo.

thanks michalis!
    My website - www.mccinfo.it/bernardo.html
    Blender Cycles: Lighting and Rendering Cookbook - http://www.packtpub.com/blender-cycl...-cookbook/book

hey guys, i've cruised through this discussion and came upon the common problems encountered in a high res dyntopo mesh, you know = undo, saving, shading, going out of dyntopo lags.

i got some remedies =

when hi res, forget undo, but of course you need a trackback in case you mess something up, 'cause you're on detail stage. do this =
    make sure model is selected in outliner (the sculpt one), while sculpting if you need a point to get back to just hit Ctrl+C "Copy Selection to Buffer" and sculpt away, you could even be careless and experimental a bit, and if you dont like the results overtime just Ctrl+V "Paste Selection from Buffer" and it will recover the old model to you, the one you copied earlier. this sort of like acts as a waypoint.

saving, in a hi res dyntopo also lags, solution= just add another object or empty in the scene, if you need to save, select that other object in the outliner and hit save, and select your sculpt object again, doesn't even get out of dyntopo hehe

hope this helps
    lets sculpt all day and laugh!

I almost missed it, iceking. I have to check it. Thanks a lot for the tip.

Dyntopo test ..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	head.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	462.5 KB 
ID:	252883

Hey guys!
    Long time no post.
    I glad I see some new sculpts around here though I like sketch thread now more ^^.

I recently found kind of a bug but i`m not sure..
    I`m checking it with you guys now to see if it is or not.. I was also not sure where to post it. (here or bug reports)
    Anyway going straight to the point, there are so issues sometimes if i dublicate a dyntopo sculped object and change the sale or rotation and try to sculpt the duplicated object again there is a possiblilty to not be able to on some faces.
    I`m not exactly sure if the scaling caused that but that`s what i think.
    The solution i found it works is to go in object mode and apply the scale & rotation.
    Happy Blending!
    My portfolio

Originally Posted by AlinB View Post
    Hey guys!
    Anyway going straight to the point, there are so issues sometimes if i dublicate a dyntopo sculped object and change the sale or rotation and try to sculpt the duplicated object again there is a possiblilty to not be able to on some faces.
    I`m not exactly sure if the scaling caused that but that`s what i think.
    The solution i found it works is to go in object mode and apply the scale & rotation.
    Something like this has happened to me but I'm not sure. let's monitor...

I always apply rotation and scale.
    BTW, if you try to scale ( x = -1), like mirroring, this will invert normals. You have to enter editmode then, even if the mesh is a dense one.

A dynamic topology test with my new and first tablet!
    took about an hour:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Devil.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	312.3 KB 
ID:	253659

yes, alinb, this happened to me too, apply scale removes the problem always in my case... if the object has scale different than 1, the brushes strength are weird too, so i always apply scale before sculpting now.

When entering sculpt mode, these should happen automatically. Find me a reason for not being so.

BTW, if not already, go to buildbot and download a r 59489 or newer build. Our very good friend Antony, (Psy-fi) made an incredible re working on Dynamic Topology. A great boost on performance. Try it! Optimization started. It is about time. A 3x smoother performance here. Better I could say, but it depends on your expectations.

Originally Posted by michalis View Post
    BTW, if not already, go to buildbot and download a r 59489 or newer build. Our very good friend Antony, (Psy-fi) made an incredible re working on Dynamic Topology. A great boost on performance. Try it! Optimization started. It is about time. A 3x smoother performance here. Better I could say, but it depends on your expectations.
    Thanks for the update

Really good news! This is what I was looking for! Thanks to Antony and thanks Michalis for informing. I will try a new build and report back ASAP.

The difference in performance (just tried it on r59506 from the buildbot ) is very noticable (especially when working close) , i had a dyntopo character that was near unworkable at 200k faces due to the brushes being way too laggy and slow to do anything with precision, and after loading it i'm surprised to see the dyntopo brushes performing still smoothly on it at 300k faces now !
    Fantastic work and thanks to the developers !

Michalis, I've just installed r 59506 (64b linux). I was testing dynatopo at 940K (clay strip, detail 5, collapse shorts ON). I did not see any difference in speed between official 2.68 and this new build. May be only a little bit....

The size of the brush seems to make a huge difference (and maybe how much zoomed in you are).
    When working from far from the sculpt i didn't saw any difference between 2.68a and latest buildbot, the 200k sculpt had unworkable laggy brush strokes.
    But when i was zooming in to work fromh close (and so with smaller brush) , the difference of performance was very noticable between those 2 versions, newer version had the brushes performing smoothly, while in 2.68 they were still laggy.

It seems lagging has stopped. Even at 1 1.5 Million faces.
    What still exists is the periodic freezing. But, it doesn't happen every few minutes now, it happens every ten mins (depends on how you are working, altering huge parts all the time will bring freezing sooner). So, system stops for ~10 sec on a 900k dyntopo and lets you work for another 10 minutes or so.
    Wonderful things are happening. It seems that Campbel and Psy fi may make it possible for not having these freezings too.
    A tremendous boost on performance, you have to sculpt a lot to understand what a miracle it is.