[UPDATE] Mat Man 1.5 - easy Material painting

I’ve finished the work on my Material painting AddOn “Mat Man”. This is my first Program using the new Python API. I’m glad that it works. :slight_smile:

It helps to build a Node-Tree Setup, with Stencil Maps, and makes it very easy to paint Materials on Objects, like Landscapes etc.

For Download, please visit our german Form here: >>KLICK<<

There is also Video about this Addon to watch here: >>KLICK<<
(Also in german, but you will not need it. Its very easy.)

Have Fun with the AddOn, and while watching the Video. :yes:
Doc.

UPDATE: 1.5

It’s a new Version available. Now it works with the actual Blender 2.72, and some more Improvements and Bugfixings. Please check the Links above.
Have Fun.
Doc.

I’m sure use this add-on.
thank you.

Both videos seem to be in German. Looks interesting, though.

Great to see your tutorial has progressed to the stage of being an addon, well done :slight_smile:

I’ll be sure to check this out in the near future.

Looks very useful.

Thanks a lot Doc,

Sehr gute arbeit, Dein add-on! In die video habe ich nicht alles(deutsch Kommentare) verstanden aber alls du sagst: es is nicht sehr schwierig zu brauchen.
Danke schöne, Doc :slight_smile:
Spirou4D

ill definitely use this thanks.

Seems quite useful,I got to try it.

I havent played with it yet so I don’t know how robust this add-on is but if it is, I think it should end up in v2.65 (as a BF supported add-on)

Frederick

Great add-on. Very useful, and not just for game environment artists (although that’s probably where it will be most useful). Thank you very much for taking the time to work on this. The fact that it automatically builds the node tree is just wonderful and the merge feature is fantastic.
I would end with the usual “keep up the good work” line, but it already seems pretty much complete at this point. So I’ll just end by saying thank you once again.

I don’t have problems with the built-in painter but maybe i’ll try your add-on later!(when i learned how to use nodes) thanks!

Thank you very much guys for the great Feedback. I’m so happy that it work well, and you find it useful. :D:yes:

@ChromaGem
For this, you don’t need use Nodes. The AddOn does it for you. You just have to paint. :wink:

adding to my next builds (if Allah wishes)

Hello! This seems like a great addon, but I quickly stumbled upon an error when clicking on new layer:

:

I also got a different error when trying to save (just fiddling around).

Not sure if it’s just me unused to blender, not follow the guide or something else, but I thought I’d post it anyway. A simple tutorial in english would be great, tho the video you have is easy enough to understand, but I can’t shake the feeling i’m missing something. Keep up the good job!

[push] because Update to 1.4

Yijaajaijai, Addon actualized! Nice!
But i don’t understand german, and i am interested in know the improves.
Can you explain the improves… in english, please?

Thats very nice. Will you make an English explanation too?

This is awesome, it makes Blender look like MudBox.

Have a error in the installation, Sorry english.

Attachments

Hi.
Yes, i’ve found this Bug, too. Shame on me, because i did not test it. Running the Script from the Blender Editor worked fine. But installing and running as AddOn fails.

I’ve removed the buggy Function, and updated the File. Now it works as AddOn. But you have to insert the Project-Path manually. Once inserted, it will be saved with the blend. If still empty, the blend Path will be used as Project-Path.

I hope this helps, until i found out whats wrong.
Doc

Edit …
I will see if i can make a short English explanation.