Do you use Ubuntu, Windows, Mac OS or another OS.

I’m just curious. I would guess that most users are on Windows, but since a lot of you are free software fans I thought many of you might use Linux.

So do you use Ubuntu, Windows, Mac OS or another OS?

osx over here. but thinking about CentOS for my to be built workstation.

All three here depending on where I happen to be.

I generally run Arch Linux, but use Windows for running games (it is easier than trying to get some of the stuff to work under wine)

Windows is used by over 95% of the world’s computer users. It is an amazing OS. I love it and will always use it. Second is Ubuntu, gotta love what it represents and some of the stuff you can do it in. Mac OS…bleh. Would be interesting to see if Google pushes a PC based OS in the near future.

Both Windows and Linux

I use Linux Mint & CentOS.

Win 2000, Win 7, Mac 9.2, Mac OSX 10.11 …and they all work like I built or unpackaged them yesterday. Oh, and an Ubuntu, 9 I think- gave up trying to make it work though.

Once upon a time I think I said something to the effect of, “If I need to write something down, I’ll use a pencil”; it’s Photoshops fault, and my brother’s. He gave me the first one insisting I had to get tech, see what he started. Now they tell me I spend too much time on the computer; duh!

Ubuntu usually, and sometimes windows when I have to (or for games, but not frequently)…

i use windows 7 and 8 :smiley:

Windows XP for now, might go to Windows 7 sometime in the future (since it seems I’ve been getting the impression from other websites that Microsoft is trying to fix a lot of things that aren’t broken in Windows 8, and many of them for the worse).

Now if one of the Linux dev. teams could finally provide a totally console-free experience, provide all of the same customization and control options XP does, and remove all need for the user to search for and sort through dependencies to run applications like Blender, it might be worth giving it a look (currently, it looks like the one that makes it the furthest towards providing these things is Mint, but I don’t think any of the distros are quite there yet)

Windows 7 is all i got. Never tried any other OS, probably never will.

Windows 7 Home Premium. I looked at Windows 8 and until it has an official release that you have to pay for I’m not getting it. While I’ll be a Windows PC guy for life, I don’t to run big things that are still being developed on my computer. Much like Windows 8.

Win7Ult x64 is my primary, however windows and mac in general cant compete in terms of efficiency with most of the Linux distros. For rendering animations with Blender I prefer a stripped down Linux based OS, recently its been BlenderBuntu. I think for people who are hard Blender fans or require large amounts of rendering done should have a dedicated OS, it literally saves me hours if not days depending on the project.

I been with Ubuntu since Jaunty Jack-elope. Microsoft locked me out of my brand new computer build & I haven’t looked back since.
Linux is great. No monopoly work arounds needed.

ubuntu 10.04. wont go higher cuz of unity and my old computer.

Dual booting XP and Ubuntu 12.04 and thinking about (drooling over) Dream Studio.

“:p” -Albert Einstein <-- I just now got that…DUH!

dream studio is nice, but I honestly would suggest just using ubuntu and installing the software you need yourself.
It comes with a heap of stuff you’ll probably never use. I tried it for it’s low latency kernel, but it was still too far slow for music production (in terms of audio latency). however, I haven’t tried the latest release, so I could be wrong, or it could be that it’s the perfect distro for you, idk. just my opinion.

All three lately. OS X is seductive, I’ll give them that. The computer is provided by my workplace though so it isn’t the most powerful and if it came down to it, I don’t know that I could justify shelling out the cash vs. other laptop options. Without OSX I would primarily be Linux Mint.

forgot about that, I dual boot XP also(never use it much though)

:stuck_out_tongue: