How to create realistics glass effetcs with cycles

Hi. I want to create this effect with cycles render.
How can I do It?

But all I Could do is this

Please Help.

http://www.blenderguru.com/videos/create-realistic-materials-with-cycles

That might be helpful.

Also, it looks to me as if the effect in your reference is largely dependent on the lighting, so try playing with that as well.

Thank you very much for your reply. I did that tutorial. I put a light behind the glass. An area light. But it does not shines like it should be.

In all honesty, you’re probably going to have to do some compositing and heavy lighting tweaks to get the effect you’re looking for.

ok, I’ll try. Thanks.

I see nothing inherently related to glass in that photo. I see a night scene with interiors illuminated. Glass material should not even be present in your render, because it would bring performance down. In Luxrender for instance you have “architectural glass” material, so you don’t suffer with uneeded caustics. (sure you can turn off caustics in Cycles too).

Here’s a test with 3 “rooms” each with a point light inside and no glasses around.

Glass is a reflecting material which means you need some kind of environment to reflect. The environment is important when you try to do anything close to realistic.

Here’s my render result. What else can I do to improve it?

add more detail… .have a look at that reference image you posted… its at eye level… close to the ground, not just that, they have a balustrade going around the edge and it drops down to another level…

the ground texture is interesting aswell…

have a look at all the rooms… they all have stuff going on in each window… desks, chairs, book cases, paintings, etc.etc…