[Addon] EWOCprojects presents StraightenPlus

New simple addon: straightens multiple connected-edges between endpoints.

Get at EWOCprojects.

Problems with browser? Go here.

current version: 0.3.0
current version for 2.80: 0.4.0

Yeah! Missed that in Blender. How about Flatten?

a tool to distribute verts equally would be great (not just for straight lines).

---->

^^ That would be looptools - space

paleajed - bug /feature maybe? if its set to 1.0 and you press straighten button, you have to scroll back to 0.99 then to 1.0 to get it to work. maybe set it to autostraighten to 1.0 then let user reduce amount.

but thanks for making, this will be useful.

jippyjyeah its already there!!

Thanks a lot for the hint mrjynx

paleajed - bug /feature maybe? if its set to 1.0 and you press straighten button, you have to scroll back to 0.99 then to 1.0 to get it to work. maybe set it to autostraighten to 1.0 then let user reduce amount.

Done. Initial will be 1.0. Invoking again will remember last setting.

Yeah! Missed that in Blender. How about Flatten?

Flatten will be a feature of another addon Ill do soon.

In the scenario below I would expect the middle verex to be the one to move, instead of the right one.

flatten? select verts & scale on axis? s z 0 will flatten on z axis.

is this axis-independent?

not sure what you mean by axis independent?
but works all axis, sz0 sx0 sy0 also select top half of monkey sz0 & flattens to lowest selected point

there is a flatten in looptools too! we dont need flatten!

Ah, yeah, it is, sorry.

In the scenario below I would expect the middle verex to be the one to move, instead of the right one.

fixed! slight oversight, new version available

have you seen this

@kakachiex2 The way paleajed’s script does is much more convenient IMO. Although I always liked the Element mode in modo.

The confirmation with Enter seems unnecessary. IMO it should work like the Subdivide command - you use it, and can work on. But if you want to change settings, you can, and then work on. No Enter.

Right, it is an unusual to exit …

The confirmation with Enter seems unnecessary. IMO it should work like the Subdivide command - you use it, and can work on. But if you want to change settings, you can, and then work on. No Enter.

Unusual might be, but Python at the moment doesnt (in my experience) keep editmesh BMesh structures when using “auto-update on parameter change” so for most of my addons, this isnt the way to go. Ill put some research into this to see if I can change.

scaling to 0 seems to be limited to x, y and z axis, the straighten addon seems to work for any axis determined by the selected verts/edges