Hi benj, thanks for your reply and I'm sorry you get this so late. I'm still interested in that small demo file, so if you want to and have the time.. I would be thankful. Because I need to deform a big mesh. I already have some basic python knowledge, but I'm not so familiar with the shader coding language.
Originally Posted by benj
Hi all, this guide looks very useful, I wish to practice it, but just starting I have a nobel designer problem, what I must to do to get this model of subdivide ...
This is the normal way...
- Create a plane with radius of 64, this will give a plane with dimensions of 128 X 128 Blender Units.
- Add a Subsurf Modifier to the plane of type Simple with 6 divisions and apply the Modifier. This will give 64 X 64 segments of 4m˛ each.
- Copy the object and scale the mesh double its size. Select the polys in the center and remove.
- Repeat the previous step 3 times. So the last plane has dimensions of 2048 X 2048 Blender Units.
- Then join the five objects (Ctrl+J), Remove Doubles and Recalculate.
Depending on what offset you need, you could remove the outer polys (for example half of them) each time you scale the next object. But better remove the center pieces after adding all of them because otherwise you would be missing some polys.
Edit: Here's a video tutorial.
Last edited by Raco; 16-Aug-13 at 01:33.
Last edited by carlo697; 08-Oct-14 at 13:39.
Thank you mate, nowadays I can't try it, my computer is broked down, since I get it back I try it. :thumbup:
Originally Posted by Raco
Enviado desde mi HTC One usando Tapatalk 4
Hey, long time since i last chacked this thread, how is progress going? Any chance you can upload a blend with the dynamic shadows?
I'm curious too how this would work with dynamic shadows. Hope benj is still active on the forum.
Originally Posted by Thales Krüger
This should have become a modifier for landscape in the BGE.
Is this method still shader based, with the including limitations, and why is it not made as addon installer file ?
Yes, otherwise it would be a different resource.
Originally Posted by Elias79
Because there's no need for it at present.