Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Originally Posted by benj View Post
    @ Raco : You can displace a mesh via python, if you don't have too much vertices it works fine. For big meshes, use a shader (displace modifier doesn't work in real time, it's nomal!). I can post a demo file with a very simple example so you can start from it; when I'm back at home
    Hi benj, thanks for your reply and I'm sorry you get this so late. I'm still interested in that small demo file, so if you want to and have the time.. I would be thankful. Because I need to deform a big mesh. I already have some basic python knowledge, but I'm not so familiar with the shader coding language.

Hi all, this guide looks very useful, I wish to practice it, but just starting I have a nobel designer problem, what I must to do to get this model of subdivide ...
    mesh.jpg

This is the normal way...
    myMesh.jpg

• Create a plane with radius of 64, this will give a plane with dimensions of 128 X 128 Blender Units.
    • Add a Subsurf Modifier to the plane of type Simple with 6 divisions and apply the Modifier. This will give 64 X 64 segments of 4mē each.
    • Copy the object and scale the mesh double its size. Select the polys in the center and remove.
    • Repeat the previous step 3 times. So the last plane has dimensions of 2048 X 2048 Blender Units.
    • Then join the five objects (Ctrl+J), Remove Doubles and Recalculate.

Depending on what offset you need, you could remove the outer polys (for example half of them) each time you scale the next object. But better remove the center pieces after adding all of them because otherwise you would be missing some polys.

Edit: Here's a video tutorial.
    Last edited by Raco; 16-Aug-13 at 01:33.

Hi,I can not get it to work ...you can upload an demo of the most recent version? but do not exaggerate with the number of polygons, my pc does not hold more than 30k faces without a significant drop in fps. Sorry english.

Originally Posted by Raco View Post
    • Create a plane with radius of 64, this will give a plane with dimensions of 128 X 128 Blender Units.
    • Add a Subsurf Modifier to the plane of type Simple with 6 divisions and apply the Modifier. This will give 64 X 64 segments of 4mē each.
    • Copy the object and scale the mesh double its size. Select the polys in the center and remove.
    • Repeat the previous step 3 times. So the last plane has dimensions of 2048 X 2048 Blender Units.
    • Then join the five objects (Ctrl+J), Remove Doubles and Recalculate.

Depending on what offset you need, you could remove the outer polys (for example half of them) each time you scale the next object. But better remove the center pieces after adding all of them because otherwise you would be missing some polys.

Edit: Here's a video tutorial.
    Thank you mate, nowadays I can't try it, my computer is broked down, since I get it back I try it. :thumbup:

Enviado desde mi HTC One usando Tapatalk 4

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011