EWOCprojects presents CreaPrim

And again as asked by mrjynx, a new EWOCprojects product…
It allows you to add the selected object to the primitive Add Mesh menu!

Swerve towards EWOCprojects.

Problems with site - here.

Now available for Blender 2.8x

current version: 0.5.0

1 Like

Fixed small error - objectname couldnt have “.”

Thank you very much. Even more goodness. :slight_smile:

just I was waiting for long time
one request, can we use groups of objects and can we have materials
thanks a lot

awesome!
so much fun, such a great tool & your others. thanks. awesome stuff.
:slight_smile:

I clicked the button and got this error:

Shouldn’t this be saving to my personal scripts directory rather than the main program’s?

W00h00 this is gonna be so fricken useful when it comes to sculpting, to allow the user to store base meshes, maybe clothing templates, low poly meshes for animation standins. instead of having to navigate folders to import them all manually.
And I think people could benefit from the code aswell, if some noob wants to create something for himself he now has the means to generate the python code to represent the verts without having to know how to do it manually.
Thanks Paleajed!

New version online - now works for multiple objects and you can set the primitive name in the panel.

Shouldn’t this be saving to my personal scripts directory rather than the main program’s?

This is really a tradeoff - some people dont have their scripts dir set, so you still get the error.
But yes, its annoying to have to be admin. Anyone else ideas on this?

I changed the following line to point to the second entry of the scripts path instead of the first (ie. changed ‘0’ to ‘1’):

addondir = bpy.utils.script_paths()[1] + os.sep + "addons" + os.sep

Works fine now.

EDIT:
One other thing: is it possible for the generated script to add a new object in a selected state?

Thanks for the fix rontarrant - the addon is changed - new version.
Didnt know this was the way to access user scripts dir…

Im testing this now, I have the button and have selected the mesh and given it a name but it doesnt appear to do anything when I press the button.

EDIT i noticed it put them straight in addons, okay. a confirmation message maybe?

couple of other thoughts, instead of a button maybe just put it in export menu then when u export it asks u where and the name & if theres multiple objects, and if multiple items, the add mesh script it creates could have a drop down box and you could select which one you want to import. like curvacious galore script.

hi, mrjynx, lol.
I take it the addon is not groundbreaking enough fot you already? :wink:

Bug: Modifiers are not taken into account.
May need an option to apply all modifier?
thanks.

I have no problem with it, Im greatful for the script, I just try to get the most out of something whilst I can. I must be very annoying to coders. Id love to be able to do it myself but its just not my strong point.

Neither did I. I just noticed it was an array and made a guess. :slight_smile:

May need an option to apply all modifier?

I can do a switch “Apply everything” that applies modifiers and transform - must be off by default though - dont wanna destroy users scene…

a confirmation message maybe?

couple of other thoughts, instead of a button maybe just put it in export menu then when u export it asks u where and the name & if theres multiple objects, and if multiple items, the add mesh script it creates could have a drop down box and you could select which one you want to import.

confirmation message cando. “Add Mesh addon XXXX saved to user scripts directory.”
other suggestions - might do later

confirmation message is on there

also modifiers are applied without affecting your scene

“apply transform” switch - to choose if you want transforms to be applied - this WILL effect your scene

New version online.

error in the new bat3a build from today(grahicall, last bat3a build for win 32, revision r47813M):
most recent call last
file\crea_prim…in line 311 from creaprim, in do_creaprim
fileobj=open(addondir +“add_mesh_” +str.lower(objname) +".py", “w”)
I hope it make sense to you!
does it save the shapekeys and vertex groups along with the object? it should be able to do it?

error in the new bat3a build from today(grahicall, last bat3a build for win 32, revision r47813M):
most recent call last
file\crea_prim…in line 311 from creaprim, in do_creaprim
fileobj=open(addondir +“add_mesh_” +str.lower(objname) +“.py”, “w”)

Seems Python cant write to your user scripts directory… Wouldnt know why though, no permission?
Try running Blender as Administrator.

does it save the shapekeys and vertex groups along with the object? it should be able to do it?

No it doesnt, neither does it save textures, materials or rigs. Theres really no end to this. For complex objects with all data just import from a .blend file. This addon is really only about adding primitives/meshes only…

Haven’t tried this, but one thought comes to mind about the directory… I was working on a script once that looks to addons directories and was looking at how blender works on win/osx/linux systems. I’m thinking win & osx both have 2 dirs for addons. Linux has one dir for addons.

so this:

addondir = bpy.utils.script_paths()[1] + os.sep + "addons" + os.sep

might fail on linux systems

Randy

I’m thinking win & osx both have 2 dirs for addons. Linux has one dir for addons.

Interesting, I did not test on Linux yet…
Must be a better way of getting that scripts dir. Problem is first script dir on Windows mostly gives permission problems. Could check os and set accordingly. Ill get back about this scripts dir later. Discussing it at the moment.