[Addon] EWOCprojects presents TranspRef

Hello again, this second script concludes, after EdgeTune, the updating of all EWOCprojects scripts that did not get their functionality into Blender core yet (anyone remember old EdgeSlide and KnifePro?).
This script allows you to set up an unlimited amount of 3d reference images in the 3d view, you can set their transparency, rotation, location, scale and corner vertex location. The images are always overlayed on top of your geometry, so one reference image can be used to model both sides of your geometry. A honourable mention goes to lobo_nz who hacked in the original load/save code…

Remarks and unavoidable bugs go here or to [email protected] .

Download at EWOCprojects

current version : 2.5.0

Those who have trouble with the website, check here .

very cool!

Big bug fixed. The redraw callback kept calling itself constantly spawning redraws of the screen. My laptop graphical card almost choked on it.
Do download the new version (link above).

New version, editmode realtime update fixed.

well… i must try it…
thank you again.
:slight_smile:

Here it is,
First of all thank you for that add-on and sorry for double post in snap add-on thread.
An idea for improvement : give the option to scale to print dimensions (included in tif, jpg and png format, at least resolution/dpi gives it). Would allow to model scaned objects directly with right dimensions instead of manualy measure it and manually scale in blender.

matali: Ill give it a think.

paleajed,
hi, you can do this with the import images to scene addon.
Also when using this addon I found the transp ref plane has issues dissapearing.

Also when using this addon I found the transp ref plane has issues dissapearing.

It must be an issue with Blender. Ive had this too, but do the planes stay blank when you update the screen update by eg. transforming it? That was why I reload texture to GPU every redraw, to restore the images when Blender automagically “removes” them from GPU.

Another issue, which is much more important, is that TranspRef interferes with menu operation, dont know why, shouldnt happen…

New version OpenGL fix for 2.64: image was off location.

Also, when the addon interferes with your menus, you probably have a Intel GPU: switch userprefs->system->window draw mode to overlap to fix!

Quick fix : manipulator disappeared…

I’m having weird issue with quadder. On Nvidia GTS 580 or on Nvidia Quadro 1000M - blender version 2.64.8 (52016) everything is working fine. On my next Lenovo W520 laptop with Nvidia Quadro 2000M, same build and I also tried to downgrade to 2.64a I’m getting after using quadder some weird surface artifacts - it looks like extruded edges connected to vertices. I will do screen-grab. If I don’t use grabber in the scene, everything works fine. Did you guys have similar issue?

Same problem here must be something recent, it worked well before. Ill look into it when I find some time.

@dank0 :

Thanks for reporting the bug, dont know how it all of a sudden popped up but I traced it and fixed it.
Download new version 0.3.1 on my website!

Thanks for the fix, your tools rocks - Will be possible to add one feature to your straighten tool? I would like to select two vertices and straighten the rest of the selection in the direction of those two selected vertices. same logic can apply to the first selected edge which will be used as a driver for other edges to be straighten in the direction of the first edge. I’m used to this functions from Seneca’s scripts in Modo (Super Taut tool)

@paleajed
the quadder addons in tools collection is not updated

can i copy the stand alone version to the collection folder or it have extra code function ?

yes you can.

New rewrite version 2.2.0 : fixes multiple issues (might introduce new ones though :p)

we ran into this with the PieMenu addon. What you can do is just test if image.bind_code == 0: (or is it image.bindcode?) and only reload them if they disappear. Might save a few clock cycles here and there :slight_smile: