Blender 2.61 Cycles splash screen competition finalist *** 2014 Major Update ***

My first real modelling and Cycles render with Blender.

[TABLE=“width: 572, align: center”]

[/TABLE]
Took me 6 weeks to produce the above scene, the time included leaning Blender and Cycles.
After posting my render in another thread, it has been suggested that I post it here, thank you Roberto.

Here are just a few of the objects I modelled for the above scene…

[TABLE=“width: 730, align: center”]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=“width: 600, align: center”]

[/TABLE]
For those who are interested, a little more info can be found in my blog (link below).

[*** 2014 Major Update ***](http://no link)

Must apologise to everyone for taking so long to reply, it has been a difficult last year and a half.

To help get back into Blender, I have carried out some work on my previous room-set (below images), making many improvements along the way, such as, adding several particle systems, improved modelling, texturing and lighting. Overall, I now feel much happier with the results.

One other important change, buying a high quality colorimetric device, allowing me to correctly calibrate and profile my screen, enabling me to improve both white balance and luminosity. While original image has a warmer hue, it is a little extreme and not quite what I intended.

High resolution 2014 version especially for Blender Artists forum
[(click image above for larger version, (3 clicks in total to see high resolution version))](http://no link)

Pullback view

Thank you,

David

David Black,

If it is the last splash that blender uses, it’s a good one.

Joe1

David, your work is a joy to look at and your blog explaining the process is very interesting.
Bravo!

Kubeczek: Sun lamp.

OP: Nice render, very realistic.

This is superb work. Gallery quality.

Is incredibly beautiful.

spectacular. i can’t even describe how well this is.

Hi Joe1,

Thank you for your very kind words. Found out a few hours before posting that sadly I have not won, I put competition finalist because I came very close.

I would just like to take a moment to sincerely congratulate the winner (don’t know who they are yet) I greatly look forward to seeing their winning Blender 2.61 Cycles splash screen render.

David

Thank you Carrozza,
For your kind encouraging words, also for taking time to view my blog and give feedback.

David

Thank you kindly spacetug, your feedback is encouraging.

David

Hi Blutarsky,

So glad you like it, thank you for your kind feedback.

David

Wow danilius, thank you very much!

David

Thank you Bao2, for your very kind words.

And a big thank you to whoever gave me five stars, I am incredibly grateful and very flattered!

David

Thank you Mr 005 for your exceptionally kind words,

David

Not sure whether it is common, or not, to reply to everyone individually, would seem impolite not to do so.

I was feeling a bit down after not winning, just want to say a huge thank you to everyone, your responses have really helped and given me a fresh zeal.

David

If you didnt win, the winner should be an outstanding render, because yours is impressive. This is gallery stuff. Well deserved five stars

Drop dead awesome :RocknRoll:

(that’s a compliment ;))

Great images! Nuf said :slight_smile:

You really shouldn’t. Aside that it’s not worth to feel down anyway, you know your work here is awesome, and if it wasn’t choosen for the splash, it’s certainly because of an ex-aequo. :wink:

Probably the reason is because the splash screen needs a very width image and very short in height. And your image wherever you cut it it lacks important things. So they decided probably another one that fits better in the splash screen resolution.