Creating a Palm Frond in Blender 2.5

Well, I haven’t posted much in this tutorial section lately since I’ve been getting adjusted to my new site (and modifying it :smiley: ), so here’s a tutorial that I just finished writing yesterday (possibly the day before yesterday by the time you read this). Here it is: http://www.benamend.com/2011/03/17/how-to-create-a-palm-frond-in-blender/

And here’s the final result (with materials):

why don’t you make longer tuts like and entire palm tree. This alone is not so usefull.

This is my first post so don’t be too hard on me… I’m an experienced graphic artist learning blender… which I love, I’m using 2.76 on linux debian jessie…I am trying to model a realistic palm frond. I have the problem of not knowing how to do the following things…

I am very familiar with coconut palms, and would love to solve this problem how to create a realistic palm tree

I’ve looked at many tutorials, and no satisfaction so far…

With a curved object as my ‘leaf’
the leaf needs to be duplicated along a bezier curve, or duplicated using hair along an easly editable path with control of these parameters…

the path of the stem of the frond has a definite curve which varies with its angle to the ground… the array of ‘leaves’ needs to be easy to set up, but then individually tweaked for realism,

the ‘leaf’ needs to sometimes bend at an arbitrary point along its length, and the angle the leaf meets the stem needs fine tweeking, the length of each leaf should start from a specific point along the stem, and when the leaves come near the tip of the stem, they need to start leaving the stem at a steeper angle,

until right at the end of the stem, the leaves are nearly paralled to the stem, resulting in the end of the frond having a nearly rounded tip… so the question Ij’m asking is just where to go to get the information on how to create an array of objects along a path, with each part of the path, and each part of the object tweakable when the frond is created.

So I guess its all about the fine control of arrays of objects, maybe in the category of hair systems…

The thing I can’t get it how the leaves need to start leaving the stem at a finer angle at about 85-90% of the length of the stem, and not start leaving the stem until about 15%, and there needs to be randomness in the tips of the leaves, but not in the base, and the whole stem needs to be subtly curved and rotated to tweak the realism…

I’ve tried many different methods including arrays along a path, hair systems using objects, but so far I’m stumped
I can provide images if required to explain how I want the final model to look…

I would very much appreciate any input, I’m not trying to be lazy, just frustrated so far with not knowing where to go right now…