AnimAll Addon!

Ever wanted to directly animate mesh data like Verts, VCols, UVs, VGroups? Now we can do it! just be warned this is highly experimental, needs a round of bug fixes in the Blender API side still! (and probably on the script too)

https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-extensions/contrib/py/scripts/addons/animation_animall.py

http://www.zanqdo.com/tmp/AniMesh.png

I’d love to get testers for this to help me clean it before going on SVN

1 Like

Great! this and rotobezier should be integrated in a more natural way into the program, not just as addons… this point level animation for instance could be some specific PLA kind of track I think, at least that is the way it works in other software. The f-curve editor goes crazy with a hundred points mesh. Anyway, it opens up a lot of posibilities!
I find strange that you can not see the animation in edit mode, in rotobezier you can…

it’s not strange… try rotobezier with an older build, same thing :slight_smile: I got to pester the API coders to fix a round of bugs

Wow this could be awesome. Great idea! It would be great if you could also have this work with proportional editing so the animated vertices could act on nearby vertices. Thanks for sharing!

So cool! maybe in my new animationr sort it will be usefull, thanks for sharing!

Jur!

Hi guys, apparently it wont work in edit mode so… sorry! but it does in sculpt and other modes :slight_smile:

great work again!
I love this really good addon stuff.
As usual, when you think it’s ready, trunk again :slight_smile:

Thank you meta-androcto I’m still trying to get some bugs solved at the API :slight_smile:

cheers

Works (sometimes crashes) …

However how to discover, which animation color belongs to which vertex?
and which x,y,z belongs to which vertex?

(up to now I use trial and error ;-( )

animesh points apparently is not compatible with Shapekeys, so is not usefull with a character with any kind shapekeys :frowning: may be it would be nice that animesh point data will be
stored in a specific shapekey channel.

Jur!

Can you animate while sculpting? Could i sculpt stages of a wave forming and crashing for example? Or melting a characters face… etc.

hi Daniel! actually that was an idea from Campbell too, I’ll have to check it out since animating vets is apparently a bad idea according to him and others

Yeah it probably sucks for character anim but it great for mograph!

this is a neat aspect - in particular when you can animate UVs and this way you do NOT need to animate the mesh
for distortion or positioning of a texture.

Cool Cekuhnen, I’d love to see what you do with it

cool , with that you could animate an emiter? like hair or smoke… and why not add something more like spread and Shrinking effects, I see something of that in the addon of the dynamic paint

I’ve changed the name to AnimAll and i’ve added support for animating lattice points thanks to Aligorith’s new API additions. Problem is they are not visible in the keyframe editors for now…

ZanQdo

because of the NDA I cannot show what I am working on but the UV editing / animation is a neede element.

oh that sucks… oh well :s I hate NDAs

AnimAll addon is finally feature complete! Thanks to Aligorith’s latest additions to the RNA system I’ve added support for ShapeKey layer animation both in Mesh and Lattice objects. This allows to animate points inside a ShapeKey layer, which is inline with the rest of the animation system, ie: will work with modifiers and other SKs (even other animated SKs). For this reason Ive also removed support for direct point animation.

You can now find AnimAll in any trunk builds.

Pepeland and all others, I would love your feedback,

cheers!