EcoRobot - first GPU renders

Hello there, after being prompted by radiance, I’ve decided to post on Blendernation :slight_smile:

These are renders of one of my old projects, being forgotten for quite a long time, till the Octane Renderer didn’t showed up :slight_smile: (http://www.refractivesoftware.com)

Well, I’ve posted this scene in last summer’s yaf(a)ray competition, but due to lack of time, I couldn’t finish it the way I wanted to (materials were totally messed up). It shows EcoRobot, being fueled with water gathered from leaves and grass.

Modelling, mapping and texturing was done in Blender 2.49. Rendered in Octane Renderer. These are 100% renders with no post production on them. The last frame rendered 4 mins, and the other ones for 8 mins. My GPU card is GTX 275 overclocked up to 285 parameters.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

Attachments

1 Like

Last frame. I’m planning to post some more, maybe today or on the weekend.

Attachments

wow. that is amazing!
i’ll have to try octane, those render speeds are really tempting…

wow, well done

Amazing!! Such great work!!

WOW! great renders!

Octane looks great…but this fucking CUDA is only NVIDIA …ATI is not supported…so, good old 2.5 BI…but Octane is really amazing…speed especially…

This render is in the octane galery!

wow, those pics really work but out of curiosity I would like to seen a image where i can see the whole robot.

GPU render is so amazing~ and Octance is much more worth than Vray~ this must be the future of CG~~
cool work for software team~ great render for you~~~ :slight_smile:

Ouuu, that’s fuckin amazing! :smiley:

Nice to see Octance at work. Looks very promising, even at this early stage of development.

And of course, you did a nice job as well! Nice texturing and interesting idea! (Although I think you could have used different colors for the robot / machine - the images are quite monotonous, all green…nothing major, just thought I’d mention it).

Thanks for coments!

Myke, I know that robot is mixing with background, but well, that’s the hybrid of an insect and modern technology :wink: With that colour scheme, It’s easier to conceal in deep grass and hid before bigger creatures :wink:

These renders do look very good. The render time is more impressive though. Well done!

cool work, nvidia’s Cuda did a great jobs (Octane is outperform other unbias renderers in render quality over speed such as indigo). I think after the release of Fermi, GPU render will become a trend in 3d industry, it is really efficient and effective (approximately 4 min - 8 min render time). Hope AMD-ATI can enhance its ATI stream in order to move faster in this area.

Yet, to me, $199 euro is still expensive (even it is still cheaper than vray), i would rather stay with free renderer system - yafaray or indigo. ^^

nice concept -beautiful renders.

Very, very nice. Incredible render times.

What was the original render size?

bigbad, these are original “render” sizes, but I’d rather call them “print screens” than renders :wink:

OK. Cause this forum makes every image capped at 1024 pixels width/height. Nevertheless the time is quite fast and the models and textures are good. Maybe a stronger specularity cause everything seems wet.