How do you pronounce 2010?

Do you pronounce it “two thousand ten” or “twenty ten”. Personally I pronounce it “twenty ten” because historically, people have pronounced years that way (e.g. 1284 was twelve eighty-four, 1509 was fifteen oh nine etc.)

Have a blessed new year,
Becca

I say tvåtusentio…

Deux mille dix

Martin

Twenty-Ten for me

Dois mil e dez.

Two thousand and ten, bound to soon shorten to twothousand’n’ten

I like “two thousand ten” because the year’s number isn’t 20-10, it’s 2,010, and it flows better with 2009, 2008… : ).

@Falk: Haha, my mom said “Feliz dois mil e diez!” and I’m like, “Ummm”, then she’s like “2010” and then I’m like, “ohh…” because I know “Feliz” and yeah…

Twenty Ten Makes the most sense, and is quicker to say.
I think I remember reading that the naming convention “Two thousand and X” comes from the way 2001 was pronounced for 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Btw, still hoping Jupiter becomes a star this year. :stuck_out_tongue:

@padfoot: How does 20-10 make more sense if it’s not even the actual name of the number 2,010? :confused:

:smiley:
the “2010” over there is "two thousand and ten, twenty ten, deux mille dix, dois mil e dez?.

How does Nineteen Seventy or Fourteen Forty-Five make sense. I’m just saying that it’s the way we’ve been pronouncing years for a thousand or more years, why change?

How would we say 2110, if we lived that long?

I say Two-thousand and ten. :rolleyes:

Twenty-One Ten?

In english I’ll stick with ‘two thousand x’ until at least the twenties. Same goes for dutch probably.

“Две хиляди и десет”. As for english - definately “two-thousand-ten”. I dont think ive used phrasings like “sixteen hundred” or “twenty-ten”.

When we reach 2020, I’m definitely saying twenty-twenty, because its awesome :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting question, and now that I think about it, I probably use both.

Two ‘K’ Ten

dosmildies

twentyten

By the way guys, how did we pronounce the last decade? Like you had the sixties, the nineties etc, but the era from 2000 till 2010? The zero’s? And the present era is ? the ten’s? The tenties?

What he said, I may use twenty ten a little more since it’s shorter, but I’m not sure about that yet.