Old Guy

Hello.
Here is another finished one from me.

http://xs138.xs.to/xs138/09162/f2499.jpg
I use Zbrush for sculpting and for painting textures, and blender for all other things.
I know that there is many things that can look better with some more work, but its time to start another work:)
Hope You like it

Attachments

2 Likes

incredible!
5 stars from me, although I would have liked to see you use blenderā€™s sculpt :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

The hair around the jaw throws me a little, itā€™s quite thick when it should taper off and catch some back/ rim light. Oh and the right eyebrow, i think the hair on the left side of it is alpahed out by the blend texture?

Apart from those little thingā€™s this is amazing, i think if this was in motion with motion blur itā€™d look extremley realistic, iā€™m not sure if youā€™ve seen the film benjamin button, itā€™s supposedly the closest CG artists have gotten to a realistic CG character, i think with a few tiny tweaks this could be pretty close to that.

5 stars :slight_smile:

This is amazing! You made this so close to a realistic human! I like your shade and the texture, of course the hair make this looks so good.
5stars no question!
Hope you can give us any update on your wip or anything else~!
Good job!!

Awesome and way beyond anything I could dream of doing so critā€™ing it seems almost sacreligious BUT thats never stopped me before XDā€¦ The shirt collar really stands out as the ā€˜poor relativeā€™ compared to the rest of this excellent model wich means I can only give it the maximum 5 stars rather than hacking into the forum and finding a way to give it a hundred stars.lol

Beautiful, 5 stars. Great attention to detail.

Only the hair on the left hand side of the image is bothering me.

Easily the best skin Iā€™ve ever seen come out of blender. The clothing while still quite good does not have the photorealism qualities that you have achieved with the head. I think just a little more work on material/texturing of the shirt and jacket would really be worth the effort. The hair and eyes are also first rate, the semi-vacant stare of the eyes set the whole thing off.

Great!!
that should go straight to the gallery.
Clothes donā€™t match up to the rest of it though

Wrong forum; this belongs in the gallery.

Iā€™ve always admired your skin shader.

pretty F*** nice work

Very nice, and cool integration of ZBrush and Blender. Are you using displacement or just normal maps?

That skin is like tissue papper, so soft looking- amazing- so much more engaging than the creatures, I think.

I saw this already in your ā€œmy testā€ thread. Glad to see you posted it to the finished projects. Looking forward to seeing more.

Awesome finished work maqā€™s. Five Stars!

I was just stunned when i saw thisā€¦

Very nice work, congratz :slight_smile:

Ohh my god ! he kneels to gather his tongue from the floor

The eyes looking down will make it more appealingā€¦

Like looking down an thinking about the time passed out ā€¦

5 stars

This is really fantastic. The only way I can tell itā€™s fake is the lack of ear hair. Old men have tonā€™s of hair growing out of their ears! :slight_smile:

To the Galleryā€¦definitely!

Great work! You should submit this to the ZBrush gallery, as well as the Blender one. They would definitely want this. II donā€™t think they have a piece from Blender in there. I think the execution of this piece is masterful, but the composition I think could use a little work, actually. A render on a low lens value, straight ahead, from below, with the old man looking into the camera, would make a very interesting image, with a little heavier DOF.

That is one of the best I have seen, everything looks great :slight_smile:

I like how the posture emotes age also.