Undiscovered Paradise

Hey there,

Another Work i did in Blender.
All done in Blender, no generators, no postpro ( except a small gloweffect ). Rendered with
the Blender Internal Renderengine. Rendertime was about…30 Minutes…
I hope you like it :slight_smile:

Smaller version on deviantART

( btw. sorry for the large image. Hope its allowed, but i’m sure i’m not the first who put large images in his post :smiley: )

Attachments

Wow O_O. That’s amazing! Love your vegetation textures and lighting. Superb job there.

hey, nice work! how to create that water wave and those beautiful trees and flowers!? amazing internal work!! excellent!! stars from me !!!

Really nice work!

Its a finished project, the bigger the better image i say.

Im with congcong009, how did u do the wave splash on the rock?

4 stars.

wow. that’s epic. really beautiful, hats off.

This level of beauty teeters at the edge of “gob-smacking.” It’s not every day we get to see an outdoor scene like this.

how did u do the wave splash on the rock?

Three Planes with splash-texture i made in GIMP. Then i put them together, so that a plane has the faces to the left and right, the second to the front and the back and the last one with the face to the top and the bottom, so you get something like a 3D-Halo. A few of this planes on a pile look like this in the image.

The Waves are roughly modelled, and i added a wave-texture from cgtextures to it. The texture is just the foam of the wave ( really easy and quick done in photoshop with a phototexture of a simple wave ) , the rest is transparent.

how to create that water wave and those beautiful trees and flowers!?

Leaves are created from phototextures. I exempted only the leaf, so the rest is transparent, and made a bump- and specmap. So its a lot of texture- and materialwork, the plantmodels are simple :wink:

Thanks for the comments, i am glad you like it :slight_smile:

yeah it’s really cool.

Very nice. I’m also stupefied by the plants. Great work!

Wow. Amazing. I rally like the plants and water too, but my favorite part is the rock bridge and the way the lighting hits it. Really magical.

awesome, I love seeing such great stuff from BI. The rocks looks really awesome and the details are perfect. congrats 5*

Amazing work!
5* from me

Hey man! Really great lightning there. You shoudl really make a short tutorial on how you so easily did the splashes and waves…!
My only crit is the texture on the rock. It seem a little streched and ‘game-like’. Oh, and i wonder how great the image could get if you post-pro’ed a bit… :I

Great work!

Nice! I think you should try a version with blue water and sky too. Now it has a bit “before the storm” feeling…

Nice to see art on BA that doesn’t glorify guns/violence/death… I love peaceful scenes like this. Good job!

Good subtlety in the lighting, especially on the leaves. Well done.

Nice, Yes the details is great. Animation animation animation, CAN YOU Do animation?

First look I thought it was Real-Time! LOL

Rate.
Vote to Gallery.

Hehe, i would like to animate it. I’m not the best animator, but i know the basics, and i think thats enough for this. The thing is, the blendfile runs very laggy on my pc ( and i absolutely dont know why, scene has ~45.000VE in 3D-View, and pc is a quadcore with 4x2,4ghz and 4GB RAM, dunno what’s wrong :\ And its not only this blendfile, its blender ) If i can fix this Problem i’ll try to animate it a bit. :slight_smile: ( Would be happy if someone knows the solution for my problem. Tried a lot of diffrent Blenderbuilts, nothing worked )

Thanks for all the replies, i’m glad you like it :slight_smile:

The veggies on both sides look very nice… 5* for them… but the water and that arch thingy… i mean they are very nice… but… these two things dont fit together … Water is 5* i think… or very near… but that arch thing… it doesnt really work… :S Very superb image in any case… but still not right on the spot…

I liked it but there is a problem with scale I think, it is a bit confusing whether those are giant plants or it’s a tiny arch. I feel it like a miniature in any case. Nice image anyway.