Lighthouse at the End of the World (final)

Hi, I started this piece a while ago, and postponed for many reasons. The main one is that I started a short movie project inspired by it. However, I felt that somehow I had to put an ending point to the “still” project and here it is.

I’d like to thank all the people that gave their points of view and criticism in the WIP thread, and specially the ones that sent me ideas and mockups via PM :yes: it was much appreciated (you’ll find that I followed most of the advice) !

Well, I guess that’s all I have to say about it, take a look !

http://www.malefico3d.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/cache/d98f154089cddc25d876bcb05acaaf81.jpg

(Click on the image link for a 1920x1080 image)

Best regards and thank you all !

Attachments

This is stunning work. Bravo! And the WIP thread is very interesting too. Somehow I’d missed it.
You obviously got all areas of Blender completely figured out!

Very nice, 5 stars :smiley:

Awsome! Very nice lighting and composition.

Wow…I love it. Nothing more to say. Just awesome.

Have to say that is quite stunning.

had been following it in the WIP. One look, and you would think it has not changed from how it was a couple of months ago, but closer inspection reveals the effort and the outcome of everything that has gone into it. Really nice.

Maybe these two months represent what can be generalized as the uncanny valley of the cg universe.

good work.

Great work.
But not a place where I’d like to work. :smiley:

Very nice,
I was wondering when you were going to finish this project, and it turned out great :yes:.
5*

This is incredible awesome! Well done :slight_smile:

1. Wireframe please?

2. Wrong section, belongs in forum gallery. :no:

this is one of the few times that i’ve said “Whoa.” out loud after seeing something.
thats INSANELY realistic! and it looks great! you should make an anim, or something.
and, btw. they should’ve hired you for Indiana Jones 4. this looks more real than that movies water!

Thank you all very much for your kind words :o

Godzilla123: please check the WIP for wires and compo stuff, you’ll find plenty information about the making of this.

Zymn: well about the anim, I thought that too… check futures updates from Mercator Project :wink: This image will work as concept for a shot there…

k, cool.
i really need to learn the “proper” way of animating an ocean…
any chance of you writing a tutorial on how you did the ocean and particles? :smiley:

Wow, this is beautiful. Love the water, I’ll have to go look at the WIP thread to see how you did it as I’m working on a ship at the moment that needs an ocean like that to float on.

I Love it!!

-S-

Great image, but the jpeg compression is just awful.

Edit: you fixed it :D, 5 stars, its bloody brilliant by the way.

Excellent stuff!
Surely this is destined for the gallery?!

yeah jpeg noise is awful and seems to be more noticeable in some screens than other. At home I didn’t notice most of the noise that I did notice at work… anyway, I have uploaded a new version (same link) hopefully with better quality.

Thanks again for all those stars to everyone !

Wohohoho. Ho hum ho. That’s awesome. maybe cuz I’m thinkin about it, but it reminds me of that Benjamin Button scene at sea.