Saskia — Girl-man, man-girl portrait :)

Hey guys

Just finished this. I’m not entirely happy with the mesh, the big eyes were intentional but in the end it backfired a bit. Let that be a lesson … spend more time on modelling!

As soon as I have spare time I’ll make the texturing making-of tutorial and post it here. [edit: decided to put it on hold, she’s too much of a dog]

Any c & c’s welcome guys.

Thanks
Len

Attachments

nice job, but she is hideous!

Very nice work, Len. The shaders especially are wonderful.

Only a couple of crits, and they are minor. The expression is mismatched. Her eyelid position is one of fright, but her mouth and jaw are very relaxed. In a relaxed pose, the upper eyelid usually doesn’t rise any more than it has to to clear the pupil.

Up at the hairline, at the part, the first couple centimeters of hair seems a bit stiff and straight. You might try softening the curves a bit closer to the scalp.

Also, you might want a tiny backlight behind her shoulders, the shadows there look like an outline.

Marvelous portrait. :yes:

Your texturing and modeling are superb Len, so my imaginary hat off for that. But you could still tweak her expression a bit, now she has that blank CGI stare going on, like someone forgot the start her up after she came from the factory.

Oh, and the hair looks fantastic.

Now that has character. Kind of creepy/sad/pleading. I agree about the hair right at the top though, it looks stiff.

Looks bit undead to me…

nice model.
look like a vampire. I like this :evilgrin:

Great job !

I agree about the eyelids expression being one of “fright”, and that the hair is too stiff ("super jelled ? :slight_smile: ) on top.

Did you model the entire body or just the head and shoulders?

Would love to see how an animation would look, have you rigged / setup shape keys for the face?

What kind of lighting setup are you using?

What was the render time ? (what are your machine specs?)

Can’t wait to see your texturing tutorial.

Mike

No matter how many crits you’ll get here… That is a great work!
You’ve achieved results with Blender that a few people can repeat.
You got my 5 on this!

Edit: I am curious about the background, and what means that “30” sign behind the girl :slight_smile:

I agree…nice texturing though.

Dear God, please dont let her kill me…

1 Like

you have just been invited to upload the blend files and release them under the gfdl on the blender wiki. don’t have to, but it may help others learn… and you still get credit, unless you plan to make money off it…

:slight_smile:

very nice, btw.

Very nice, but like the others said, its a bit unnatural looking ;).
Great texturing though that dent in the middle of her chin is a bit odd.

She looks like she’s made of painted wood.

scary, but good. She looks like a normal person-to-emo girl.

Thanks for the comments guys. I’ll reply to those who asked some questions soon. I made another version of the same, and posted it at the first post, I figured I might as well emphasise her freakiness :slight_smile: She looks quite androgynous actually.

I like her in the whole. She actually looks like on drugs, and the expression is not that weird if it’s that case. I think it even helps the image a bit.

Yeah, a bit lifeless in the expression. But overall, very well done. Another great piece.

BgDM

Very well-modeled, I believe. This is such a great piece. Yeah, the eyes look big but that doesn’t really matter, it’s the overall impression that’s important here. :slight_smile: And it really works! The expression on her face is a bit daunting though. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for sharing the texture how to’s. :slight_smile: