Back to boring interior

This was done as part of a marble test. The idea was to create a blended material including a basic, textured phong and an SSS mat for the white parts of the marble. The white still looks a bit grey to my taste. C&Cs welcome.
(All modeled in Blender. Rendered in Indigo 1.0.4 with Aperture Diffraction activated. The floor texture is from the stone DVD at www.arroway.de)

Attachments

This is pretty impressive stuff mate. I’m more and more amazed by indigo…Keep it up!

That is AMAZING!! Gallery please!!
It looks so real! nice job with indigo!

Let’s have a “is it a photo or 3d?” contest! :slight_smile: Awesome job, the marble vase’s and the tile floor (with the bits of dirt added) does it for me in particular.

How did you do the carpet. Tell me. Now. :slight_smile:

Its not boarding man. Very good.

Nice job once again, BbB! I particularly like the lighting mix, tho the yellow lamp is a bit odd with light sources both top & bottom. I see you’re still using long-lens cameras - a bit too ortho for my taste, but it does lend to a “classy” feel. Keep 'em coming!

very nice render ! the textures are really beautifull (what a marble on the vase !!)
I am actually looking for external renderers for some pictures I have sometime to do and I will look closer at indigo for sure…

Cédric

daggum, thats phenomonal. grand work.

very realistic , great job :slight_smile: .

Wow, thanks a lot for the gallery guys. Glad you like it. I’ll post some updates in the next few days - different lighting and angles. I’m also working some more on the marble mat but that’s more Indigo-specific and shouldn’t really clutter a Blender forum.

cedrictrojani: You should give it a try, if only because it’s so easy to use (though it’s more slower than either Blender internal or Yafray).

mzungu: Hi there. I remember your post about the camera length. I thought I could get away with it here because it’s kind of a detail shot. I actually tried another angle (finding the right angle is so time-consuming) with a shorter lens but found it made the fireplace look lost in the distance. By zooming I can compress the space a little, but yes, you’re right, it’s less realistic.

bigbad: the carpet is a simple Blender displacement applied to a heavily subdivided plane (actually two displacements in the modifier stack). The mesh is enormous of course, so I had to split it into eight separate objects in order to feed it into Indigo (I’ve got four gigs, but the export process is the real bottleneck when pushing a scene from Blender into Indigo via Blendigo). I also removed all polys outside the frame of the camera. The scene ended at about 500,000 polys. I’m afraid there’s no other way as long as Indigo doesn’t do MPD.

Wow wow wow! Looks really nice! I love the marble material.

Does Indigo come with a GUI?

Hi Reynante,
Thanks. I’m not sure how you mean. Indigo has a GUI when rendering, though it is ultra basic (Nick, the developer, is famously bored by GUI programming). If you mean the exporter, Blendigo has a nice GUI that lets you create all your materials (or just take them over from Blender), lights, environment, camera settings, etc. in a very user-friendly way

Very good renders! Nice bit of modelling on the curtains aswell. The marble material works very well also.

The darker scene is definately the more interestingly lit version, but it doesn’t seem t have the realism of the day time one.

5*****

Could you please tell me how you did the curtains? Is there a plug-in or something?

knigknog: Hi. The curtain was relatively simple.

1. First, in top view, I created a bezier curve and positioned it so that it formed the profile of one fold. I then extruded it a couple of times horizontally towards the right to form other folds.
  2. I then turned this curve object into a mesh and, in front view, extruded it vertically to get the folded plane that made the basis for my cloth. Having done that, I added about 40 or 60 horizontal edge loops so that the quads on my plane were more or less square.
  3. I UVed the plane
  4. With a lattice deformer and a bit of dragging in sculpt mode, I pushed the lower half of the curtain towards the right, compressing the folds in the process.
  5. In edit mode, I assigned a group with 0 weight to all vertices, then selected the top row of vertices and a line close to the middle an assigned them a new group with a weight of 1.
  6. The rest was just tweaking and fiddling with the soft body setting. The 0-weighted vertices fall towards the ground, while the 1-weighted vertices don’t move. This creates the illusion of a chord around the curtain as the upper part sags and drops over the fixed vertices at the mid-section.

its a photo! it sure looks like one!!

:slight_smile: Thanks, I’ll try to do what you said on my own mini-project

This is amazing! I would love to see a setup or tutorial about how this was done. Great work.

All that stuff is Awesome,Where can i get all that?