Warm interior

Hi,

Re-discovering Indigo after a while, I made this project mainly centered on light (using exit portals) and UV Texturing. I also used the camera settings for the tonemapping, just like if I shot the scene with a cam. I’m always impressed by what could be achieved with Indigo, for sure it’s a mature product and quite easy to use.

Modelled with blender
Rendered with Indigo 1.0.4
Render time : 11h on a core 2 duo

Here is a higher res version (1200x1200) : http://www.myline.be/myline/3D/268_1_high.jpg

hmm… i think i need a doctor. because my jaw is on the floor. WOW!:eek:

Looks very fine… although whats that stuff on the table?

The texture mapping is excellent, if you didn’t know better you would think it was real furniture. The only thing that concerns me is the intensity of the light reflecting off the wall behind the plant. Its so bright, its as if the light is being emitted from the wall?

Indeed, the texture mapping is lovely, really convincing especially the table. Great! In my opinion since everything is rather busy (dunno better word) textured, the walls seem extra clean and dull. Maybe subtle wallpaper, nothing too busy, can improve that. As said, just my humble opinion :). I really like the green chair in the background, the green looks great in this scene!

Wow! This is realistic interior. And without “indigo noise”. Excellent.

gr8 work man…just correct the stuff on the table and this would qualify for the blender header…
just can’t believe u got this out of indigo…could u just describe your work flow and settings on indigo
chela69

Curtains looks extremly good. 5 *`s

Thanks for comments,

I finally removed the tule on the table.

Beautifull scene! Indigo must be really powerfull…

Excellent :slight_smile:

Looks sweet. I also am amazed by the power of indigo. The only thing that bothers me a little are the key holes and those don’t even matter that much. Great job.

ehhh… i guess it looks good.

:open_mouth:
five stars

Wow, great textures. Thats very good work! :smiley:

When I first looked at this, I thought “Yeah right, Enrico-- you’re just joking, and this is a photograph of your dining room!” But no… it’s just really good. The only things that give it away are the painted-on keyholes and the jagged edges on the lights in the upper-left corner.

Good stuff. This image makes me want to try out the Indigo renderer.

you guys are so gullible. He doctored a photo of his house/apt in PSto make it look as though it was a render. Look, if they don’t post a wireframe, it’s an April Fool. Like the 3D Girl video posted here recently. And the keyholes are brass rimmed, which is why they reflect the light like that. I give him 5* for putting one over on all you guys :slight_smile:

THIS IS A PHOTO.

I can tell.

It’s actually not a photo. Nerds. Tho the idea that the render is so good that people are calling it a fake is probably a pretty good indication that it’s a job well done :stuck_out_tongue:

You can tell it’s not a photo because he’s re-used assets from previous projects, there’s no wear on anything at all and the wood textures for the chairs and table are way too similar. Actually, that’s my only real crit, all the wood textures are way too similar. The cabinets don’t really feel right, missing spec from the finish or slight mirror or something. The TV screen could probably do with a smidge more gloss (just due to the fact that it’s a CRT set which usually have the sort of diffused reflections you’ve got, but only from the inside portion of the tube. The outside layer is usually more smooth and glossy. But then they have those new-fangled ways of treating screens now that remove gloss, so it’s hard to judge. Anyway, the cabinets and TV set were the first thigns that jumped out at me as ‘not real’, but no one else I’ve shown it to here has questioned it’s authenticity until i pointed it out to them.

Pretty damn nice render, I’d say. One of your best. Indigo FTW.

Looks great!

The only crits I have:

• Personally I don’t like that camera tilt, but its just preference.
  • Try moving the candle a bit to the right, so you can see a bit of the wall between it and the small table in the back. It should make it clearer what the candle is:)

EDIT: And by the way, we know it’s a render because nobody in their right mind would by a chair as ugly as that green one :slight_smile: