In order to proceed, you must agree with the following rules:
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
You must be at least 13 years old to use this website and/or Sites. CGC doesn’t knowingly collect information of visitors below this age in accordance with the COPPA of 1998.
The forums of BlenderArtists.org are a great source of information about all sorts of Blender-related topics. You can find help here if you are having a problem, view other people's artwork and be inspired, or just hang out and talk. However, since a lot of people visit our forum we must enforce some rules, to keep all posts clear of any unwanted content and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all users
Therefore, if you would like to post in our forums, please keep the following rules and regulations in mind. Enjoy the forums!
Forum Restrictions and New Users
- Signatures. - These restrictions apply to keep the forum in a readable form.
- Signatures are restricted to 270 Characters and 3 lines of text (single-spaced)
- Pictures are not allowed in signatures
- Threads that need review by Moderators before they are public
- Any new thread in forum “Tutorials,” these threads are restricted to threads that contain tutorials.
- Posts that needs review by Moderators before they are public
- Any post containing common spam words such as: Viagra, Male enhancement, etc.
- Limited Rights on new users. - These restriction apply to prevent spam and bot attacks
- New users are users with a post count below 10 (Hint: add some valuable critics to the “Forum Gallery“)
- No URLs allowed in posts
- Conduct Guidelines
- Be courteous and polite by showing respect to the opinions and feelings of others. Use of the forums is a privilege, not a right.
- Think before you post. You are responsible for your own words and any harm they may cause.
- Don't flood the forums with irrelevant and unnecessary posts or spam. BlenderArtists is a professional, moderated forum. It is a place to talk about all things related to Blender and computer graphics in general. It is NOT a free speech forum.
- No beating a dead horse - Constantly repeating a point, complaint, or otherwise bringing up an issue over and over does not improve the quality of discussion. There are better ways to bring issues to attention.
- No "versus" threads - Rhetorical comparisons of one software over another are not allowed. These bring needless debate that too often becomes contentious. If you wish to empirically compare render engines, modeling features, or something else of the sorts, this can be fine. Just keep it focused on the data.
- No quote battles - Line-by-line arguments, particularly those on semantics of individual sentences do no one any good. These take away from the quality of the thread and discussion. If an issue cannot be resolved in a post or two then it should be taken to private messages, or dropped.
- Copyright and infringement
- All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
- Comments are owned by the Poster.
- If you are a copyright owner and you feel your work has been stolen please contact the moderators of the BlenderArtists Team
- All registered members of BlenderArtists are considered users.
- All users are subject to all rules.
- The Moderation Team consists of all Administrators (Admins) and Moderators (Mods).
- All Moderators are subject to the final decisions of Administrators.
- All violations of rules are to be reported to Moderation Team by users
- Use of private messages, bad post tags and emails is encouraged.
- The rules are implemented by the Moderation Team.
General Forum rules
- Any private message containing possible harassment should be referred to the Moderation Team.
- Any post or thread containing possible harassment should be referred to the Moderation Team.
- Users should refrain from replying to any inappropriate content.
- Definition of harassment: words, conduct or action, usually repeated or persistent that, being directed at a specific person, annoys, alarms, or causes substantial emotional distress in that person and serves no purpose.
- Any thread, private message or post found to be addressed to a particular user with intent to harass will be deleted with no shadow.
- Procedure for investigation of harassment:
- After deleting any suspect threads or posts, contact both parties requesting details of harassment.
- Upon further review, including permission of harassed, deleted posts may be undeleted and user unbanned.
- Any user found to be guilty of harassment is to be banned, for such time as is deemed necessary.
- Potentially destructive, hurtful, and unapproved content
- Inappropriate content should be referred to the Moderation Team.
- Inappropriate content:
- Content containing primarily the following subjects and/or the promotion of one opinion over another are considered inappropriate.
- Subjects include, but are not limited to, topics such as racism, sexism, religion, xenophobia or sexual preference.
- Humiliating, derogatory, anti-social or inflammatory remarks aimed at any group of people, with or without the intent to start a group response are considered inappropriate. This includes racial remarks in the form of jokes, underhanded comments, and racial slurs.
- Unnecessarily violent, crude, or obscene imagery, including scenes depicting themes such as rape, hate crimes, or any other brutality is considered inappropriate.
- Politics, political expression and political propaganda are considered inappropriate.
- An exception may be made, after group consideration, to allow content in such forum as is deemed appropriate.
- Requesting, providing information about, or advertising illegal activities or the results thereof is considered inappropriate.
- Software serial numbers, hacks, cracks, keygens, ROMs, copyrighted audiovisual content or illegally copied software documentation, among others, are considered illegal.
- Requesting or providing information about FOSS (Free Open Source Software) is greatly encouraged, provided it does not violate parent role.
- Content knowingly causing other users to come to harm or incur damage is considered inappropriate.
- Includes the negligent or malicious transmission of any computer content that causes damage, including, but not limited to, viruses, trojans, and worms.
- Spamming is considered inappropriate.
- Spamming is the explicit promotion of any product, service or company.
- Spamming often includes fake users, possibly posting from the same IP, to aid in the promotion.
- Product news is not always spam.
- Links to news briefing for information, with intent to inform, not promote the product, and is therefore not spam.
- Nudity or strongly sexually suggestive content of any kind not exempt under Role 4.c is considered inappropriate.
- Content displaying a strong disregard for Conduct Guidelines is considered inappropriate.
- Inappropriate content is to be
- locked, in the case of a thread with illustrative properties, or
- soft deleted, in the case of a thread, or
- deleted, in the case of a private message, or
- soft deleted, in the case of a post
- Users distributing spam may be banned without further discussion.
- A private message is to be sent to the author of the content, containing a strict warning.
- On second violation, or in combination with violations of other rules, a ban, of time as deemed necessary, is to be placed on the author.
- A thread outlining actions should be created in the Admin/Mod forum to allow discussion.
- Nudity Exemption:
- Nudity is considered a vital aspect of artistic expression. It is permitted as part of an artistic work
- Nudity not exempt:
- Rape, incest, depiction of minors (under age 18) committing sexual acts, beastiality, abuse, untactful nudity, including content usually considered pornographic, and all sexual acts, including, among others, intercourse and masturbation.
- Nudity exempt:
- Tasteful depictions of male or female body
- Appropriateness is based on moral standards of community in general, and is ultimately judged by the Moderation Team
- Banned users who are believed to have returned to the forum under another alias should be reported to the Moderation Team.
- User should be contacted in as many methods as possible, including, but not limited to, email and private messaging.
- A consensus of the Moderation team, after reviewing actions of both aliases, holds the final decision.
- Punishment can include banning the alternate alias; however the limitations placed on the process by the structure of the internet are understood to inhibit the permanence of any action.
- All banned users with legitimate challenges have the right to plead their cases to the Moderation Team.
- The Moderation Team is under no requirement to reverse or edit its original decision.
- Banning temporarily is preferred over permanently for users who display willingness to participate as full and Rule following users.
Modification of this document
- This document is subject to change at any time by the Moderation Team without notice to or consent of BlenderArtists users.